Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This was fun



                   So this is what happens when you and your hubby decide that you want to "do" more outdoors stuff. When you write it in the 'okay maybe we don't do New Years resolutions but we will do a wish list for the 2013 year and hope to accomplish one or two things on it'' list.  We decided that glamping would be a great way to ring in the summer and well if you imagine a sweet escape with everyone getting along and everyone loving one another. I did too. Needless to say, I was proved one thing. Never have expectations of these things.  Don't even let that photo above fool you. That is after we dealt our fare share of yucky attitudes and time outs and some "why did we think this would be a good idea" looks back and forth between the dad and I. 
  Here we are.  We drove to this here yurt. What is a yurt?

                                        Our big boys slept on this pull out. 


   Ready for this. Mom and Dad and little Roo slept on the bottom. G and E on top.  You just bring your own sheets. People...that's what I am talking about. 
 So, I have a very creative 12 year old. ((cough cough)) He thought it would be HILARIOUS  to read this guest book out loud to the kids and add more words such as "It was a great stay except for ...don't leave the yurt at night" or "nice stay but if you leave your yurt at night you will see tall people in the dark" to which I said "no way that's in there?!" J"Mom it totally is" so for the next few hours the kids were not the only one freaked out.  Until I decided to read it myself. Yeah.... so not in there.  So that was fun.
                  Some pretty trails around the yurt. 
  Then we drove here. It did not disappoint. It was amazing. Mt. St. Helens.  It was about one hour drive from our little yurt. 
  Then the stinky attitudes were full of fresh air and  gratitude. This mom was happy here. 



  We headed back after an adventurous time and took to the fire pit back at our campsite yurt.
                    Nice camp fire... oh the smell. 
  So this was interesting. This is part of my Camp board on pintrest. It didn't go so well, hobo popcorn. So it was a flop. 
  But the Smores. We tried Peanut butter cups and um..yummy. 
   We took time to really play a game together. I mean, priceless you guys. Just priceless. I didn't make an excuse of laundry, cleaning, working, etc. We just played.

The evening and morning were the next day:  Hungry kids:
   This worked out. Yummy Hebrew National dog wrapped with a biscuit over the fire. Yes, it works! 
            And This. I mean you would not believe it but if you mixed two eggs and a bunch of omelet fillings in a ziploc bag and throw that puppy in a pot of water. You get ... scroll below...
    A perfect omelet. I am serious this is complete awesomeness. 

We packed our things and were out on our next adventure. 
Here.  Ape Caves, have you even been? Do it.Much fun.

Last adventure here:
 This may not look too dangerous but I assure you. Death was at the bottom of the bridge and all my fear of children falling into water were very very heightened.  The suspension bridge at the Lava Canyon was extremely spectacular. 

Had a picnic right here in this spot. Right here. I know unreal right?




Our two hour and a few minutes ride back looked like this.  Filled with "are we there yet", "I need to go #2" after driving away from the bathroom, "I'm thirsty" "I'm hungry" "he hit me...MOOOOMMM he hit me" 


And then I spend those few hours searching more yurts and hikes we could do this summer.  Then I locked myself in the bathroom for some solitude.  It was worth it folks. 

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!