Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stressed are we?


       Did I tell you I had a scare at the hospital a few weeks ago? Apparently, the doctors are chalking it up to be a nervous breakdown. I know, crazy because all the physicians have  asked me the same question "Have you got anything stressful going on in your life?" Me: "the usual stuff everyone worry's about, kids,money, guilt...etc"

 Right. So, $4000 ER visit, Neurology test, negative tests returns everything else checked our great. So follow up to the Dr. went something like this. "I think you have stress, I think you may have had a nervous break down!''  Me: "Really, I am not sure I feel stressed?''   Funny thing about stress...funny thing.   You can get very used to it. So much so, you think its quit normal.   You even ignore the signs your body may be giving you like back aches, migraines, insomnia, etc.  Who has time to worry about stress right?! 
  Wrong. During my doctor visit they had noticed I have put on 25 pounds from the last visit two years ago.  Cortisol a stress hormone has taken effect on my body and well. I am overweight. Apparently being on a diet of coffee is NOT a good idea. 


Long story to say Dr. Orders were that I joined a gym or Yoga Center right away, exercise at least 4 times a week, eat healthy, drink tons of water,  loose 25 lbs, and get this my absolute favorite of all time....Take time to myself. Ha!

This is the worse thing, I feel extremely guilty as a mom even taking a few minutes in the bathroom. I know dumb. Its true I do. 

  Chatted with the hubs about the "info" and he signed us up for a gym right away. Plus its getting icky around here with the rain and the kids needs a place to go wild  be active. 

Also I have decided to get outside to walk more as well. Today was a beautiful time to get out there.

 I am working on stress relief. I have been two a few excersise classes and Hot Yoga, and I think this one kinda back fired on me, I was so stressed that I would fart during class, I may have had some high anxiety at yoga. I digress...carry on.  Lets see how this goes. breath.

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!