Wednesday, October 3, 2012

To Frank on his 36th Birthday

This will get gushy. This will, so look away. I am crazy about this guy. When I say crazy I mean I still get giddy and butterflies when I know he is coming through the door. I know, have you looked away yet are you dry heaving. No?
   I realized something today. I meet this man ....well he was a boy at the time. When I was 17. Yes sir that be 17 years young. Our fist encounter went like this.
   Me walking with my best friend  at DTS *Discipleship Training School* Youth with a Mission in Colorado 1996.  Seeing a tall boy who had a brown  striped sweater, green cords slacks, a hacky sack and a black back pack with a plush Winnie the Pooh tied to his pack with a cross necklace hanging from Poohs neck. Um, yes, I probably remember what you wore when I first meet you too, Its a gift.
     Boy: "Hey do you want to hear something awesome!"
  Me: "Always, but what's your name?"
 Boy: "you can call me Teabo."
  Me: "What......  Teabo, what kinda name is that...sounds like a rappers name. Your one of those white boys that want to be a rapper huh!"
  Boy" What...no thats my last name, and this Pooh  Bear just got saved!'
 Me: :"Wow, does this line work for you!"
 Boy: "Um...."
 I walk away knowing he was watching me walk away. Kinda thought I was something sassy back then I suppose!
  I walked into the Lodge of that Colorado Lodge and looked at Lynda and said " I like that one, we are  going to be good friends!"
               I am going to have to finish this story another day.

 But 17 years later on this  birthday. I am still giddy for him. I have known this man for half my life. I love him. I treasure him...and that last name of his. And I believe the line did work! 
                             Happy Birthday Best friend!

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!