Thursday, October 11, 2012

Scary ''Episode"


Little interesting week. So for the last week I have had some pretty strange happenings. Well its actually been happening off and on but for a week solidly I have been feeling this. Dizzy spells, nausea, shortness of breath, sudden confusion, killer headache. I would sit on the couch pull a blanket over my head and shush everyone till it was gone. Easy, lasted about an hour and then done. I felt awesome again. 
Come Monday.
It was the evening. I was getting dinner prepped  I was super busy this day and disappointed that my laundry was behind. Big deal, I know but in a huge family one day behind in a week..feels like at least. So, cooking dinner, I got very lighted headed. I layed down. My neighbor came to ask if I can watch her son for a few minutes..no problem.  I sat down on the couch. Called my sister we were in deep conversation and I began to drift. She said I was mumbling  I felt like throwing up.  The room got very bright, It hurt to keep my eyes open so I shut my eyes. My body felt hot, but I was freezing, tears ran down my face. My kids ask if I was okay, I could not answer. In two minutes chief came in and saw me. I was apparently cold and clammy and pale and shaking and unable to converse. I don't remember the details  just that my kids were tying my shoes a couple of them crying. Chief making calls, and I saying nothing in particular.  Fast forward to the ER. 
 I get back to the room. Where what happens...I come to, I feel great no problem, I feel fine and wonderful. I could actually run a couple of miles. Feel that good. Heart monitored, EKG, brain scans, urine test, and blood show ..nothing

  Nurses perplexed, Doctors Perplexed. I think they even thought I was making it up. They asked chief if he had seen my ''episode''. Yes, I totally faked it for a night away being poked and having to wait and wait...that's so me. 
      So...all that to say I go in on Monday and I am praying for an answer. I am imagining what they will say " Your probably stressed.'' They are probably right.
 Only scary part. My dad has a triple bypass, my uncle (his brother) a quad bypass, an uncle (dads brother)  that died after his, two aunts (his sisters)with heart issues a  grand father (his dad) that died on the Brooklyn subway from a heart attack.    Heart diseases have taken my family even ones in my own broad.    I will be fine. I will be fine, I will be fine.

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!