Saturday, September 8, 2012

My town My Oly

This crazy amazing thing happened to me while I was gone from this City.  I fell in love with it.   I have always liked Oly.  BUT. you know that saying, you know, the one you and I have probably said a few more than a dozen times. Goes something like this. ..
"You never know what you have until you loose it. " 

   This is what happened with Oly for me. I moved. I lost it. I ached. I was never settled.  Fast forward 18 months to where we moved back because of my aching for it and all.   
                         I LOVE my city. I am jealous for her. 

 I drive around and I just say to myself many times a day "I love it here. I love this!"  I love that I can drive pretty much anywhere and see Mt. Rainer. I love that I can walk to three neighboring parks from my house. I love that my neighbors are always outside ..well at least from since June -um maybe next few weeks. 


                 I love that I can look outside and know all the kids in our neighborhood by name. That thier parents know my kids name. 
 I love that our neighbor coaches A's football team and that he has a really close friend right next door. That J has his close buddy in the house after that. that Roo has a good friend in the house after that. 
     I love that I get to drive and point things out to the kids because of a memory "this is where Dad asked me to marry him!" "this is where I first took you J on your first outing out!" "This is where you learned to ride your bike for the first time"
 I love driving a few minutes (5 tops!) to great destinations .....



    I have always been jealous of when people felt "settled" or like they "Belonged" somewhere. I even wondered if that feeling even existed. I longed for it. 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. ~melody Beattie

   Gratitude has turned this place I once lived into *home*.  I have waited for this feeling for a looonnnngggg time.  Age 33, you have been kind to me. 

          Oly baby....   you are more than enough for me.         

1 comment:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

So happy it has been a great switch back!!

How is your hubby's new job going?

:)

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!