Friday, January 6, 2012

WORD






I meet an amazing woman , that just in the last few weeks have challenged my Christ walk. A week ago she challenged me to seek a Word pray and ask God to give me one word that would represent my life for this new year. One word to stand on, when things come undone, when I feel like giving up, or feel discouraged. One word. I loved the challenge. I began to seek pray, read, many many words came to me, none felt like the "word". Yesterday I got it, the WORD. I just knew it, in my prayer time I sense the need to read James 1. I asked Chief to do the same and told him I won't give him my word unless he told me his. I just didn't want to add another word to the mix. Secretly I was HOPING big time that God would bring us to the same word. In my spiritual fantasy life :)




Last night we sat down and ate dinner, together. I said "hurry up, I want to share my word with you hurry up and get your word!" He said "Its been tough I have been at work and really only one or two words come to mind its not very encouraging its very challenging!" me "Ekks, just TELL ME!"




When he formed his lips I knew what was coming, its a word I had been dwelling on all day.




He finished it, IT was MY WORD. Here it is folks the word we both got is "ENDURANCE"




James 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, g knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing!








So I suppose we needed more testing until the day where we can say we Need Nothing More but Jesus, is that even possible to get to? Holy smokes what is going to happen this year, I don't desire any more change or even earth shaking anythings?! Halleljuah and hail Mary. Sweet Lord, brace yourselves. I just know we seve an Awesome God that would bring one word to both of us to help us keep going, past the part where we feel done.


Do it, you pray and get a word for you year, it will encourage you, it really will!

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!