Monday, December 5, 2011

Perception




I posted this photo on Facebook with a post that said "Doesn't this make you want to curl up with a good book and a bowl of chili!" To which Chief (who is my FB friend :) responded "No, it makes me think of how much we are spending on heat!"..... "Perception"


Your perception of God shapes your reality. a.w. Tozer




My perception has really sucked lately, being that it has sucked the life out of what the reality is. Reality is that My God is Awesome, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Holy, a Mighty Provider.


My perception for the last year has me walking around with the reality that I feel God forgot about me, that life sucks and maybe its what I deserve, I am a sucky person. I have too many freckles, and my belly looks like I am now carrying a baby kangaroo (I AM not, just sayin) And in this season of Christmas when our budget is super tight (like one gift per child, tight~) and everything cost money, parties, kids school celebration etc... It has sucked the life out of reality of who God IS.


It has shaped and morphed me into moping around feeling totally sorry for myself, I KNOW BETTER.


I have been a Christian for a LOOONNGGG time. Yet I have allowed my perception to shape what my view of God has been. When I see God in this view guess what happens to my days, my attitude, my perspective....you got it...it stinks.
Heard this quote yesterday and it gave me a sharp pain to the pit of my stomach, convicted.


* NO MAS, no more can I allow these thoughts to shape me. I can not also let my reality of my circumstances to shape my perception of God. There is truth, I know where to find it.


Let's be done Nat. Say it with me NO MAS NO MAS NO MAS!


*No mas:No more

4 comments:

Heckert's Highway said...

I'm working on that with you Nat. No Mas!! Remember who God is and what He has done for His people throughout the ages. I'm making that my focus this week. I love and miss you my friend!
Jennie

Erica said...

Did you really think I didn't know what "No Mas" means?

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

AMEN!!!!!!

NO MAS NO MAS NO MAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Love your honest post - I have been pouting lately too!! Trying to be "content."

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!