Wednesday, July 20, 2011

“Jesus, forgive and free me, when I live like a relational piranha—nibbling on others’ brokenness and inconsistencies more than I feast on the gospel… holding onto un-forgiveness just to gain advantage in a relationship…rehearsing the sins of others (to others) more than I remember the way you’ve forgiven me. Convict and forgive me when I’m being petty rather than patient… critical rather than compassionate… mean rather than merciful. Help me know when overlooking the failures of others wouldn’t be cowardice, but courage… when “covering a matter” wouldn’t be a cover up, but a gospel act. Help me learn how to conflict redemptively, rather than destructively… for your glory.

Lord Jesus, we’re free… I’m free… only because of you. Help us to steward this costly freedom in a world of broken people and broken relationships this very day, and tomorrow as well. So very Amen, we pray, in your glorious and grace-full name.”

Scotty Smith of Christ Community Church Tennessee

Dug this up from a friends blog, it has been something I have in the quiet in the deepness of solitude been chewing on. This Pastor Scotty Smith from Tennessee put into words what I have been struggling with for so long. Yes and Amen.



No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!