Monday, June 13, 2011

Is Love Enough?


I was introduced to a blog this weekend. Is it possible to be best friends with someone you have never meet? Because I am sure Christine from welcome to my brain meets the standard. Free spirited, courageous, CRAZY and she is what she calls herself a Therapeutic parent. A parent that has traumatized children and helps them heal while trying to maintain relationship by parenting in a therapeutic way.
She has a series of videos that I have watched all weekend. They are funny, they have made me cry, and they have made me feel connected with what we experience on a daily basis, shared by many parents with hurt kids. My favorite video, the one that got me right to the core, was this video she made about Is Love Enough .Christine quotes from 1st Corinthians the LOVE chapter. If you have read the bible plenty of time you have read this one. In her video she share she wants to love the way she wants to be loved. Genius, right. Only when she read it I thought about my new kids and it ached me to the core
"And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. " This I took as "even if you did what I asked you to do, even if you out of faith followed me if you have Not Love you have NOTHING!" ouchie.


Because this is LOVE:
LOVE is PATIENT
LOVE is KIND

IT is NOT:
Jealous Proud Arrogant Rude

It does Not:

Dishonor others Self-Seeking Not Easily Angered
KEEPS NO RECORDS OF WRONG Delight in evil

LOVE:
DEFENDS PROTECT ALWAYS TRUST ALWAYS HOPES
Preservers

Father. Help me love like I want to be loved.

2 comments:

Eryn said...

sounds right up my alley...i'm gonna have to check out that blog.

Have you watched any of dr. purvis's videos on vimeo? GREAT stuff.

Christine said...

<3

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!