Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Little Treasure sweet baby girl Anika

Friends, I want to share with you something. Pace yourself for this one, it may make you fall over with shock. I'm in love with this sweet angel and we as a family, kids, hubby and all involved are advocating on her behalf to find a forever family for this child . Folks meet Anika Is she not the cutest darling you ever did see you know aside from Ruby and all. she is 2.
Let me tell you a little story about how God knocks people off their seat all the time. Chief has had a country on his heart for a few months he had been emailing an organization about a mission trip unannounced to me ;). When he told me about it and mentioned all the countries that he had an option to go to, I already knew which ones I would choose to go to . South Africa and Ethiopia, or Ghana. FOR SURE. duh. Then came the bombshell. He told me he was wanting to go on his own and have me stay home. He wanted to go. Bummed. Then came the other bumming news, I would assume that since our kids are from Africa, it would make sense for him to go to Africa right. Giggle, NO. The country that he said he wanted to go to was not on my radar not ever. I even remember thinking in my heart and mind, I would never ever want to go there. Russia? Russia, what!? Why. Anyways, it bothered me. I know silly, all I could think of was what if a child wanted him to be his or her daddy if he were to end up going, not Russia.
Then I ended up on Recces Rainbow after listening to a friend speak on Down Syndrome adoption and the sweet angel she just brought home. Quick grab a tissue and update your homestudy before going to the site. There are photos and photos of children waiting for a mama, children with special needs and children older like my kids waiting. I scrolled over to a tab and held my heart as I passed the angels on there and then this girl HIT me like a ton of bricks. So hard I sobbed right there on the computer then I clicked on her link, she is from RUSSIA of' course she is!
Our family is in LOVE, no kidding, I have never seen our kids pray for a child so much like they do with little Annika. I so wish I could make her apart of my family, I would in a heart beat, but she is not ours. I wish she was I wish. Frank wants her to be ours. BUT WE CAN MAKE HER OURS in a way.

This is where the awesomeness comes in read from a mom who is taking charge for this child to find her a family.

why does Anika wait?
the real answer is because her family just hasn't found her yet,
but i would guess that 2 other things play into it.
the fact that she is HIV+.
the fact that her adoption will cost a total $33,000.

i couldn't quit thinking about her. i woke up thinking about her.
i fell asleep hearing the gentle whisper that her family was out there...
that she wasn't our daughter, but we could help her home.
i would hug our Anika...safe, secure, loved....& be filled with sadness
for the Anika across the world who might have no concept of what those things mean.

so, i just want to clear up those 2 'barriers' that are keeping her waiting.
first, the fact that she's HIV+.
if you haven't heard the truth about HIV, you have to visit Project Hopeful.
the truth is that there is ZERO risk of transmitting HIV to someone else through casual contact.
this includes: hugging, kissing, biting, sharing food, taking a bath, sharing a toilet seat.
HIV is very manageable & with proper care, people with HIV have a normal life expectancy.
children with HIV need to take medication twice a day & see their
pediatric infectious disease doctor every few months.
that's it.

the second barrier? i understand that adoption is expensive.
the beauty in that is the way it allows others to rally around you
and bless you. so, i believe that Anika has a family out there.
i want to bless them.
i want them to see her sweet, little face & know.
i want them to not have money be an obstacle.
i want to make the difference for one. for Anika.
[and pray that it ripples, ripples, ripples.]

here is where you come in.
don't run. this is so easy. so fun.
i am giddy with excitement to watch this play out.

150 people [you!] have a get together in the month of May.
they invite 9 of their friends to have a night in instead of a night out.
each of those 9 friends [and you!] bring $20 to donate to Anika's adoption fund.
150 parties x 10 people x 20 dollars = $30,000

Anika's life spared from an institution & the hope of being part
of a loving family simply because you shared her story & had
a fun night with your friends in her honor!

Join us would you please. Join us in helping her We are hoping to raise 200+ towards her adoption cost. If you would like to help send me an email, otherwise we are planning a small function very soon this month in May, to see this angel home!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Where are all the comments on this post? There should be 100 at least!

I'm excited to help with this!

love said...

thank you so much for loving Anika & taking action on her behalf. i'm so blessed by you all & i know her forever family will be when they find her, too!
thank you!!!

nates5bs said...

Thanks for advocating publicly and with your prayers for our daughter. You too, are a part of her story!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!