Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I almost missed out...





I almost let fear over take my heart and not step forward for these kids.
I almost let the voice of others become my voice of reason.
I almost let my selfish ambition and dreams destroy this life.
I almost listened when some people called us crazy (to our faces) and wanted to become sane again.
I almost let the world's ideal become my reality.
I almost coward from the courage inside placed by a King mightier than ever.
I almost let joy be stolen from my plight for my kids.
I almost chased a life not set out for me, to be ''liked'' again.
I almost believed it when I was told I was being selfish.
I almost MISSED OUT on this. I ALMOST MISSED OUT ON THIS!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful. So so true my friend. Miss you!!

the H family said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN! Our life would not be the same, would never be complete, we would not know the sunshine that our daughter brings every day. THANK YOU for reminding me why we brought her home, and WHO led us down that path. We were called crazy and selfish too!

Stephanie said...

Amen!

Murphy Momma said...

The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God and the God's ways are foolish to man. Don't know where that is in Scripture exactly but I know your family is a beautiful example!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!