Monday, October 25, 2010

Crazy Teabos







Yeah the chief and I have been talking tats for a while now, its just been one of those things where we say ''yeah that would be so cool, right?'' A couple of weeks ago we talked about it again. Chiefs cousin who is such a sweet guy and an amazing artist works in a Tattoo Parlor in Centralia Washington. We left the kids with grandma, which was a little awkward to do. Here watch our kids so we can do something totally young and crazy and get tats, she was very gracious about it though didn't tease us or anything.
We both wanted to get something that would never change in our lives. EVER. Mine was the word adopted. Because I am adopted into Gods family, because that day I accepted Christ was the turning point and changed me from the inside out, because my adoption inspires me to adopt.
Frank got his life verse James 1:27
''Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.''
He feels like this verse is exactly what God meant by religion. We are religious but only in a way that our Father accepts and that is Pure and Faultless to Him, nothing less. The world may try to pollute us to think religion is something else but this is it. Its there black and white.
Yes it hurt like a mother, yes I am sure people will ask me if I was adopted, I am hoping that they do, because then I can share with them my journey and my walk. NO we are not the type of people who think God does not want tattoos...obviously!
We are the typical Christians. You know the ones that drink brewsky, gets tats and nose piercings, and even cuss when we stub our toes. Thats us.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and am enjoying reading about your family life. Hubby and I are in the process of adoption. Gotta say, my kind of Christian :-) Your tat's are really cool! Allison

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!