Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A home is just a home...right?


Your home is where you hang your hat, or home is where the heart is . Doesn't matter where, doesn't matter how big and how small. How fancy or how down to earth your home is your dwelling place to make lasting memories. We purchased our dwelling place 5 years ago. It was not a good decision from the start. We knew from the start and did it anyways. I was a much different person 5 years ago. The American dream was something I was going to accomplish no matter what! Then our son died and everything in my life was changed. The Lord opened my heart as raw as it was and performed open heart surgery, It hurt like crazy. It was very necessary to bring me to the place I am right now. I look back at that person and I want to cringe when I think about her and how disillusioned she must have been with what God really wanted for her life.
Fast forward to this stage of our lives...we are needing to move! I'm sparing the details to respect chief. It been a hard VERY HARD and trying situation. More for chief as he is the head of the household and feels all the pressure of trying to support his family. We both feel we would rather have a happy house even if its small and have all our kids need meet, than to try to pinch every penny to keep a home we don't need and could not afford in the first place!
Really no brainier for me to come up with right, but for men this is really a hard concept, they feel like they have failed, not matter how many times I release it from chief. This will have to be a God peace for him. I think God has had to teach both of us some good lessons.
This is where Georgia comes in. We are leaving this weekend to scout it out. Chief has an interview on Tuesday before our flight. We make the decision when we come back, if we start our lives over here just in another home, or all together in another place, I pray it wont be for another few months..this mama, can only handle so much change!
Crazy times at the Teabos, but we convent your prayers as we go scout out the land. I have interviews at schools also, and will be speaking with principals to check things out. For sure I will be scouting out neighborhoods, schools, doctors and stores ;).
If you are from Georgia, I will be scouting out Roswell, Alphretta, Marietta, Acworth. Should I be cheking any other towns/citys out?

5 comments:

Allison said...

I live in the Acworth/Kennesaw area. It is more affordable than Roswell and Alphretta (gas, taxes, etc). There are a lot of really nice houses out here that are for rent and sell. Downtown Acworth is really cute (good food, shopping) and Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation's "10 best towns for families." If you have any questions you want to ask about this area feel free to email me afernandez2711 {at} yahoo {dot} com. I'm not much help with the Roswell/Alphretta area. I lived there when I was 18 and 19, and again when I was 23/24, but I personally like Cobb County much better.

Stephanie said...

We are in a housing drama ourself and wondering what to do. It's so hard. Praying God will lead you.

Teabo Chica said...

Allison....My bloggy friend! Thank you for your suggestion! My uncle and Aunt live there. I am checking out Ford Elementary school on Tuesday! Also how did we find each other?! :)
I will be sure to email and look me up on facebook if you have an account!

Tymm said...

hi there - sent you an email yesterday around 11:45 - let me know if i need to re-send!

Erin McCoy said...

how about birmingham!! yeah for disregarding the american dream...... sorry it's been such a painful journey but to God be the glory!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!