Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ghana and my son
















Frank and our oldest have come home from Ghana. I picked them up from SeaTac and my husband picked me up off the floor with his hug, I am not a small girl, so he has so happy to be home. My son walked over to me with tears in his eyes, gave me a soft hug and told me straight out ''Why are we here?'' Not the reaction I was expecting! Over the time of the day I listened to him cry about how much he wants to be back in Ghana. I would say to him ''I'm so glad you had a great time, enough that you miss it, but this is where we are for right now.''
He did not want to hear this. At bed time when I got to really chat all about the trip, again with tears in his eyes. ''Why cant we just be missionaries in Ghana, and help all the kids find homes?''

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say that's not what God wants right now, but I was not so sure. So I just said ''If that what God would want us to do, He would really have to make it crystal clear!

I was so touched by his heart, because its mine! If God told us to move to Africa, I would in a heartbeat. However, its not right now a part of the call for us. I always say right now, because God mostly throws me some curve balls, and I just wonder if that's where we will end up?! Ha!
My prayer is that whatever God calls our children to they would follow and we would be the parents to support the God call in them regardless of worldly wisdom!
Then I began to wonder about his little life. The heritage he comes from, a great grandmother that had a huge heart for the lost and lived her life to God's fullest. Even when she was called crazy herself. A mom who in the same boat will speak up for the orphan, and live a life of crazy for Jesus. This is the lineage and I just wonder what his life will be like. Praying every day as God prepares him for what He wants my son to do.

Prepare me sweet Jesus to give my son to you, no matter the cost, no matter the call.





7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your son has a beautiful heart. What an amazing gift from the Lord.

Lisa H. said...

Beautiful post, Natalie! Love it!

Lisa H.

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Love your son's perspective! God has really been speaking to him. It may not be now, but it definitely is a possibility with God. Whatever and whenever God is going to use it.

Can I say you post before this one...I missed....and just read it. Man- you and I could be long lost sisters! AMAZING how God is!!!!

A. Gillispie said...

This is so sweet to me. Tell "J" that when I was young I was called to foreign missions. Even though I'm 34 now I know that call is real on my life and I KNOW that some day I will be living overseas doing mission work. It's a long life, and God has a long time to work out the details!

"M" and "C" said...

Wow! You should be so proud of your son! God has big things planned for him!

Timandem said...

So Sweet Natalie!! Thanks for sharing the awesome story! Love you guys!

Yvonne said...

My darling niece, I read your post and even before coming up to the part where you share mom's love for the poor, the sick and the orphans, I was thinking "Mom, you must be smiling down upon your great grandson" thank you for placing that love in all of us. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and to read my J's sentiments and convictions only makes me want to thank GOD for giving you the wisdom to follow him and in doing so, you and Frank are passing on to your children the faith and love they have. You are a remarkable mother, wife, friend, niece and woman. May the Lord showers his blessing over you and the family and trust in the Lord. He will provide. I love you and I am so very proud of ALL OF YOU. Kisses to my boys and Ruby.

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!