Saturday, January 16, 2010

This little girl

I get to be a mama to this sweet child. My heart is overwhelmed with the intense love that God has for her. There is a different look in her eyes now that she knows she has a family. I cant really explain it, its just a small glimpse of hope. The kids at home ask us every single day if we are closer and when can we pick them up already. They have items they have saved for each child and are awaiting the day to see them. As a mom seeing my children at home understand compassion, and get the heart of Christ is beyond what anything is this life can teach them. They have had some sacrifices of favorite things, they are tired of beans or rice :), but they complain very little about it.
I day dream of all the things we will talk about (or not talk about for lack of language :). I wonder of the things that I already know with my kids. The dislikes the passions, the irritations, the interest of each child of mine. I know just a few things about this one. She is tender, she is sweet and she is confident. I already love her! Just look at her!

7 comments:

The Redman's said...

Watching you and hearing you fall in love with this girl is amazing! God is GOOD!! :) Love you friend, and I can't wait to fall in love with the two new Teabos as well. :)

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Just catching up a bit on your blog! I want you to know - WE are REJOICING WITH YOU!!!! We understand your insanity :) In fact we are in favor! Praying with you!

JonesEthiopia said...

She's beautiful. I'm so happy for you... and for them!

Heckert's Highway said...

She is just a beautiful angel and I can't wait to meet her!!! I can't wait to meet little man Eric either!!

We are Grateful!!! said...

She IS the sweetest girl! I can't wait until she and the little butterball are home with you.
Love the picture and the cute braids!
Blessings,
Tami

Jen said...

I agree, she looks different in this picture. Her eyes are shining. She is blossoming and looks beautiful! I can't wait to hear about when you get to meet her and her adorable brother. I am so excited for you all!

Jennine

Yvonne said...

Hi my darling niece, you are RIGHT, there is a very beautiful shine in her eyes. Very different from the first fotos you shared with us. We love you and I am so excited for both Frank and Josiah. What a life experience they are about to embark.

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!