Saturday, January 2, 2010

This Journey called Faith



This has been the hardest journey of faith we have been on so far. We have had some family members and some friends question our sanity, our intelligence and our priorities. We have had many family members and friends congratulate us, rejoice with us and go through some hard times with us. We have felt faint, and have had some major doubts. Yet we keep pressing on knowing that God is with us and so if He is WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?


Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:13-17


Some sweet friends of mine gave me this scripture. This spoke right to me. I do not need to fear, I am doing what God has asked. Suffer? My heart does hurt when some folks have not rejoiced with us because they didn't feel excited for us because they didn't agree with us. For my Kings sake, its worth it! For the sake of two lives across the world that go to sleep wondering if tomorrows the day they will have a home. Two Orphans in the 143 million. I am convinced that the prayers of orphans cut right to His heart so much He makes things MOVE!


Our boys have been having some really tough times mostly the little one and bringing more kids to our home made me so nervous for my kids sake for theirs and for my sanity! If I were to have said no to God for that sake that would mean that I do not trust God with my kids.
Through loosing our three month old son three years ago we know that these lives of our kids belong first to God and He has entrusted us with them. But If I say to him I can not do what you have asked because family comes first. Um yeah that wont fly! He knows Best.

Ever see that movie Evan Almighty? He is the modern day Noah in New York that God told him to build the boat and every one thought he had lost his mind. A reporter that came to his ark building site and asked him ''Why you, why did he choose You?'' and Evan says "He choose all of us!'' This is how I feel about this. The only reason we were chosen is because we asked, simple.

You can too! He asks for EVERYTHING not in moderation. EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! When you give Him your life and still hold back some control in the name of Wisdom does He really have your heart? You can seek some Godly wisdom, in fact its biblical to go and find that wisdom but unless there is a person that God has had a track record speaking through for your life directly that is just a persons opinion looking at your outward circumstances. That's what we found in this journey Gods voice in the midst. Go find His voice, Friends! And let me encourage you if you find yourself in solitude an island becuase of what He has called you to do, there are many of us PLENTY OF us out there. I am praying for you!

3 comments:

"M" and "C" said...

Thanks for always sharing so honestly and I will keep praying for you guys. It's fun finding new friends on this journey with me! Charmaine

snekcip said...

Hello Teabo Tribe! I'm so glad I FOUND you guys again! I followed you w/Hudson and his journey! After losing alot on my home PC, I was unable to rmbr a few families "names" I followed! After browsing the different blogs today, the TEABO TRIBE just stuck out! I said OMG that's it!!! I still have the card you sent of Hudson! I can't believe how MUCH the kids have grown! The boys are handsome as ever and Ruby is just gorgeous!! It has been a while and I was so excited to see you are in the process of adopting 2more beautiful kids! I can identify w/this post! We had a few "friends" question our sanity when we GLEEFULLY accepted a newborn in our EMPTY NEST! Our bio-children are 30,29, 24, 22 and 20. The 20yr old was months from grad/HS and was entering her freshman year of college! I have always said OUR PLANS OR NOT GOD'S PLANS! Yes, we looked forward to the day of "no kids at home", and enjoying our grandkids, we happily welcomed this little one! She is a joy to have and we can't imagine life without her! She now 2yo and the "mother hen" to the 15mo/7mo old grandsons! Many blessings to your beautiful family!

Sarah said...

we had a few close family members that were very hurtful when we told them we were adopting. said such hateful things. God's will for your life isn't always easy! my husband and i have learned a lot, and most of all not to worry about what others think when we are sure of our journey. like you said, if it's God's will who can deny or question that? just know you aren't alone!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!