Monday, October 5, 2009

We said YES!




I am incredibly nervous and so excited all at the same time the feeling you get when you board the airplane to see a friend or family member that you have not in a long time. That butterfly in the tummy feeling.


We said yes this morning to parent two kids from Ghana West Africa. We get to be their mommy and daddy. Their story we will keep quiet about because its theirs to share one day. They are brother and sister. Our little girl is 7 and she just has great eyebrows and is just tender and sweet looking. Our son is 3 will 4 in November and has some chubby cheeks we have had people tell us he looks like our son A with he checks and facial expressions.


It seems so surreal, because international adoption is so unpredictable we didn't want to tell anyone about them until we knew for sure that we were going to pursue them but we found out about them early August and began to pray that the Lord would open a way if those are our children if not that he would erase them from my mind. Guess what I had a total peace to just live our lives and it was not an overwhelming feeling I did not obsess over them. I just put it right before GOD and left it there.


He brought it back just in time our home study was completed and approved and they were on the waiting list and we knew after reading about them they should be in our family.


You know how people say they know that those kids are theirs right when they see them. I saw picture of the kids back in August and for me it was not that way. Not that they are not cute they are adorable and sweet. I just didn't want my heart to be crushed in the way it has been these few months by seeing kids on the waiting list and saying yes to them to find out we could not adopt them.


Always still possible but I have to TRUST this is God and He is good to us always.
Still today as I sit at the computer in awe of what HE is trusting Him for, I still wonder how on earth He will provide for this one. To me the number seems like a huge mountain. It can be very discouraging to look at and even weight out, however I can not deny His goodness.
ps. Remember the miracle we were asking for about our house that God would sell it or do something big with our mortgage. Well okay He didn't pay it all off. But we got a modification (meaning the changed our loan for free and for the life of the loan) and are saving close to 500 bucks a month. Hello Miracle in my book ;0!


12 comments:

neely said...

so exciting!! can't wait to hear more details!

JonesEthiopia said...

Congratulations! That is just amazing!

Kelly M said...

Oh Praise the Lord! YAY! I can't wait to hear more about how things go and meet them and well, just see you too.

Erica said...

God is SO SO good!! I'm excited to watch the Lord continue to provide for your family. Loving watching His miracles!! You are such an encouragement in more ways then you know. ;)

Michael said...

WoooHoooo!!! This is so exciting!!! So what is the time-line like now???
Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Mark and Charmaine said...

I'm so excited for you! They are beautiful children and I can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Sounds like a miracle to me!!!! Thank you Jesus & you are fantastic!!!!!! God will provide and you are doing the right thing in following God!!!! I know some don't understand, but I totally do!!! Don't let the world get you down- that is just satan's way of attacking you. Do you think he wants these beautiful children to have a home where they will experience the Love of Christ? Of course God on the other hand - has a plan for their home with YOU!!! Praise God & CONGRATS!!!!!

Rachel said...

I have butterflies with you!!! So excited!! I KNOW He will provide because He means for you to be able to go and get those kiddos!!!! How will be fun to see....I am praying for your needs!!!

Love,
Rachel

Rachel said...

I have butterflies with you!!! I am so excited! I KNOW that God will provide because He wants you to be able to go and get those kiddos!!

I am praying for you, friend.

Love
Rachel

Meli_Mama said...

Wow that is amazing! It is so good to hear how at peace you are during this whole process.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Natalie, I am so excited for your and your family! They look just precious...and I'd love to see more photos if that is possible! I'll have to call you up soon...maybe now????
lv,
jen garrison

We are Grateful!!! said...

So thankful you said yes! Although you love them now, your gonna love them even more when you see them face to face.
Blessings,
Tami

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!