Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pandemic: The Gospel Unleashed

This past weekend I attended a starting church in Mill Creek called Journey with my friend Suzi.
I went in the middle of a series the pastor was sharing with the church the series called: Pandemic: The Gospel Unleashed. I have been thinking about this tittle for some time now. What does that mean to unleash the gospel? To have no limits on our faith, no Jesus in a box, no agenda and plans of our own and unleash the full gospel of Christ. The spirit of God can not be held back, God will and does move where He wants. However I do feel as believers we can hinder that by our own fear by our own plans.
What would it look like though if we strived to unleash? To say God move in me whatever however you want. Should we be scared by our faith walk...yes! The Holy spirit in me can not sit quiet and idle by while every fiber in me wants to be scared for Jesus!
Then how come so often the church of Christ wants to sit in comfort, sit in status quo status and make sure all the right forms are filled out or things are talked about before prayed about? What are we afraid of????? Did you know that if you have to think about it you are not worthy of the gospel?! Thats not from my lips read it yourselfs." and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me" Matthew 10:38 Stings a bit but its the truth.
If my talk is scaring you right now ask yourselves why? What scares me( Im including myself with this one:) about Jumping with two feet for the Gospel to share the Love of Christ with the world?

2 comments:

The Redman's said...

preach it, sister!! Yeah- our church has definitely rocked my faith... in a GOOD way!!!!! :)

Loved that you and Ruby came with me. :)

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

That is very profound!!!! Praying for your adoptions and praying for God to reveal miracles for everything you need for it!!!! You have all been on my mind a lot, and I am continuing to pray!!!!!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!