Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear voice of opposition


I get it you care about us, you love our family and do not want to see us suffer or hurting. You tell us in ways that sound very discouraging however. You say we are fools, crazy, you say we are young and naive. You say you don't understand you don't agree you never can and you never will. Listen up .....
If I listened to you I would never live I would fear! Life would be held in the grips of the what ifs. If I listened to you I would be going against who I was made to be, who My God created me to be. If I listened to your ''wisdom'' it would say think of myself first. If I believed you, I would have been stolen from from a sweet husband it would have stolen me from this sweet girl I adore. You are a discouraging you are not trusting the King for His daughter and you are being a
POOP HEAD! (that's the best word that came to my mind at the moment :)!
When I was 17 years old and heard the voice of truth telling me to go to Colorado and join a DTS, there was the same opposition against me. "God does not speak to kids'', ''Too much money you will never get the $ to go.''
This written in my journal at the age of 17
'' Lord I want people to say that I am in the right for doing this, I want to follow what you said but everyone thinks its so dumb maybe they are right?!"
''While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.48He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
This started my walk with great perspective. What you don't know voice, is that I was created vastly different that you wish I would be. That I had two grandmothers praying on there knees that I would be a woman that loves the truth and that picks up the cross at any cost. I have a destiny that you just need to let go.
Your voice does bring a stumbling block at times, I doubt. Oh do I ever. I know better.
I know you may never understand, I know that you may never see through my eyes. You do need to let go and stop with the words you choose to use to bring guilt and confusion. Trust that this Giant and loving God would never drive me to a fountain to drink and leave me for dead. Be proud of my heart of compassion, my heart for my children and those that are fatherless.
Voice, I would understand if I lead a life of sin I almost think you may love me more. But please voice know the pain I have when you drive your words deep into the core of my heart and tell me you disagree, because when you do I ache. Know that I was made stubborn and that words are words however I still like everyone else want acceptance.
Its okay if you never say the words my heart wants to hear. Just know I will still walk steadfast. I will walk and not grow weary. I will listen to the voice of TRUTH!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I liked this post. Aren't you glad you listened to the voice of Truth?!

:)

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Dear Natalie, this is a great post and I can hear your heart so clearly in it. Larry and I are headed in the same path...maybe we all ate something in Ethiopia?? LOL! We don't know what God will have for us but we are praying (and sometimes fearing). Sometimes our biggest obstacle is thinking about telling our family...that is really dumb...the poop heads!
lv,
jen

Lisa said...

i love you

xoxo

Heckert's Highway said...

I'm so proud of you for voicing your heart. It is important that we follow our heavenly Father, no matter what our earthly family thinks we should do. Sometimes in the leaving and cleaving process, it's our family's that don't want to let go. Hopefully they will see God in all of this and draw closer to Him, instead of trying to control all of your actions. Who knows, if they let go, they may just be drawn to do something amazing for God too!! I love you my friend:O) Jenn

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Keep going girl- preach it!!! Those words are powerful!!! There are some verses we held onto for the 3 years of court cases we battled for our Joshua, Sarah, & Elizabeth.... 1 Peter 5:8-11 "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power fore ever and ever. Amen.
Praying for God to give your family the courage to keep standing for truth!!!! Praise God! Hang in there, and hang onto God!!!

The Gresham Clan said...

You go Natalie! Speak the truth!

Carrie S said...

I am so glad to read your post. Thank you for having the courage to write it and voice it. God is doing big and great things in you. God bless your precious family.

www.promiseinethiopia.blogspot.com
www.stammfamily.blogspot.com

Carolyn T said...

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! LOL...Jen..YOU TOO!!?? Yes...I agree...we ALL ate something in Ethiopia...
REBUKING POOP HEADS!! Hmmm...Do I need to do ANOTHER t-shirt???

Kurt and JoLynn said...

You just spoke my heart. I got your blog from Heidi Weimer and am so touched by this entry. I was called at age three! I wasn't taken very seriously either, but I am so stubborn that I just did what God told me to do anyway. We adopted two children from Ethiopia in December, have four bios, and now are walking in the direction of another adoption from EThiopia with no money to do it either. We are pastors in Kansas. Every bit of the money from our first adoption was miraculous, so trust God for this new journey. He in fact put this heart in you, my sister in Christ...and He put it there, mixed with that great stubborness, for His glory! He will equip and provide. I understand completely! PRaying for you!
JOLynn Coleman

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!