Saturday, January 3, 2009

7 marks the year of completion!


On new years day my sweets and I sat down and read our old prayer journals. Its was very comforting to read the prayer request from years past and see that God has not only answered so many of our prayers but also to read our very interesting requests. In 1998-2001 I constantly prayed for the salvation of my sister in law in almost every entry. I would plea that the Lord would capture her heart and that it would set afire to her husband and family. I love that the Lord answered my hearts cry on this, because now she has a heart that He did capture and set fire to. Her darling husband and her have not only accepted Christ but have been walking their family in the path also! I made another great discovery and I shared this very interesting finding with my husband and we both were in awe of Gods completeness in my answer here is my entry for that day:
I have not picked up this journal since 2002 so this was a great surprise

December 2001

"Father I am so tired of being apart of this Lord, not living here in Washington, just part of a culture and generation that cares only about ourselves on how to make more money on how to get better and more things. I am sick of it. I am so angry and grieved. I want to do what our friends Warren and Jenn are doing to be missionary's. It makes me so sad because I don't think we would be supported by my family. I don't even know if this is your call on our lives. I know I made a promise to you that I would be a missionary for life but is this what you want of me? Father what is that you want me to do with this heart? Am I to feel this way forever?
I always wrote what I felt God would answer to me

"My child, do not worry about what I have for you, when I reveal it to you its because its my timing!"
This is the part that was awesome, I can not draw for the life of me, but sometimes in my prayers I would doodle something I would see in my mind. I have taken a picture above of what I doodled (again I suck as drawing:) its a doodle of two stick figures holding hands and above it its says South Africa. I called my friend Jenn and told her right away and she told me this entry was done exactly 7 years ago and 7 years is the number of completion. God completed my hearts cry and had be apart of something beautiful!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

totally amazing.

i'm speechless (which you KNOW if very difficult for me!).

The Tulloss Family said...

God is so amazing. I can't wait to look back at the events of this year and see what He has done! I'm praising God for you.

The Gresham Clan said...

How Awesome!! Thank you for sharing this - it's always amazing, humbling and encouraging to see God at work!!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!