Tuesday, December 2, 2008

South Africa here I come :)! ahhh




Tonight I say goodbye for my family to board on the plane at 7am to South Africa! I am so nervous I could puke! This is one of the hardest things I am going to do, but I know I have been called to this trip with no doubts! My sweet hubby, oh that's an understatement, has all three kids for all the days. Don't forget to check in with him Amy, Melissa and Jenn and anyone else please.
Above I have made 11 bags as a count down for the kids the bags have a little note with what I will be doing that day and a trinket for the kids. I have labeled the rest of the weeks school clothing with the day and names (Dork I know!) Also at night I got library books and wrapped them up as to be an element of surprise for the bedtime read. There are things I didn't get to do like vacuum and mop and sweep and make dinner for the night but I am at peace that they will do great with dad. The organization we are working with came out in the news yesterday for National Aids day take a look if you get some time. Signing off and please pray for out teams safety and for the kids lives that we will be in contact with. I hope to have great stories when we get back!

6 comments:

The Redman's said...

I'm praying for you and your wonderful family!!!!! I'm so excited for you and this adventure you're going on. I can't wait to hear ALL about it when you get back.

Take care and God bless!!

xoxo
-Suzi

Hauswife said...

OK, you just ROCK!!! I love the way you set everything up for your family while you're away, and left special treats for them. So precious.

We will be PRAYING for you throughout your trip, every day! Blessings and blessings!

The Tulloss Family said...

I'm so excited about what God is doing. I'm totally keeping you and your family in prayer. I know you will be a blessing to all you meet. Love you and proud of you following your calling.

Heckert's Highway said...

I will miss you so much!!! I'm so happy that you are going and I know that God will bless your trip!! I too, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back:O)
Love you,
jenn

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Ahhhhh! I have goosebumps for you friend! I remember the feeling of wanting to puke going to Ethiopia! I too can't wait to hear the details!
lv,
jen in mi

The Gresham Clan said...

You are such an amazing mom!!! I will be praying for you and your family during this incredible trip!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!