Monday, December 15, 2008

Process

Disclaimer to the photo I was really swollen after a long plane ride so yes I look fat!
I am back home got back home after a 33 hour transport with Lisa, the rest of the team gets back in tomorrow. Lisa and I came back early she is a teacher and I a mom who had to get home to kids.

I have been processing what I have seen and heard these past two weeks and the deep spiritual meaning of all of it. I missed my children and husband yet I believe that God protected my heart from missing them so much I could not do what I was sent to do and I am so glad for it. To think there were so many times that I almost didn't go, to think that I let others try to influence what God was telling me to do, Oh my I would have stolen a huge blessing! The whole time while in South Africa it was so pleasing to know I was doing what I was created to do. The stories will leave huge imprints in us forever. I would do this again only I really want Frank to come with me :) The faces of the children as we said goodbye stains my heart I am sore. I did leave with Hope, that iTemba Lethu is making a HUGE difference in the community that God has not forgotten these and he loves these kids more than me. We made some friends in South Africa I will have forever. Ang and Anton, Glenda, Janna and Derik, Mark (with a South African Accent:) Gill and Jonathan, Shannon and Patrick, Allison and Graham, thank you for your love and hospitality you are missed already!

3 comments:

Mommy, Momma, Mom and sometimes Babe :) said...

Welcome home Natalie! What a blessing to hear about your trip. I saw it in Ethiopia and I imagine it was no different in So. Africa. You have a way of making these children feel special! The joy in your face when you look at them cannot be disguised. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Sharon

The Gresham Clan said...

Welcome Home!! So glad that God blessed you and the children you worked with in such a mighty way!

Kari Smith said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely. I can't wait to see you in person and hear about your experience.

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!