Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dangerous Surrender


Since I came back from Ethiopia with Ruby last year, I have had a hard time adjusting back to life, and finally came to the conclusion that I wont ever be the same. My heart has been broken by the beautiful children of Ethiopia and all of Africa has captured me! In my quest to get others on the band wagon I have come to many road blocks. Its so hard to explain the vast need of the crisis in Africa unless you have been there, or unless God has broken you too. I find it hard to return to building my own kingdom, or just being a woman that sits in the pews at the church and be surrounded with my small group of friends and live in my own little secluded world turning an ear to the hurts because its to hard to fathom or just "not my thing". I wont go back there!

I have been wanting to read the book Dangerous Surrender but if you know me I hate doing anything alone :)! So I asked a friend if she would be interested in reading with me and asked her to see if her best friend would do it with us as well. Last month we got together one Thursday morning with coffee and our book and we have entered into a world of complete eye opening! Dangerous Surrender is a book written by Kay Warren she is married to Rick Warren pastor of the Saddleback church in California and author of the book The purpose Driven life. Dangerous Surrender was required reading from Jodie leader of our South African mission in December. From the moment we opened the book we three knew God would do something here. I am amazed at the conversations we have in my little living room. I love these girls and God is meeting a need in my heart with them. Amanda and Dena I love you :)
If you have not read this book I truly recommend this as a wonderful read. As for my new Thursday morning group, I believe we have some great things to come!

2 comments:

Hauswife said...

Oh, I've got to read this! Thanks for posting about it. I share your brokennes for Africa and distaste for the old normal. I came home forever changed and with my eyes open, too. I can hardly wait to see the good things God will bring out of it on both our parts!

Mark and Kels said...

I am jealous of your Thursday morning group. It sounds amazing. Thanks for the book recommendation. I am going to pick it up.
I am praying for you!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!