Tuesday, October 14, 2008

God Wink!

Ruby and my grandma last year.
This weekend I had the privilege to join some woman who attended a woman of Faith conference in Portland. One of the speakers spoke on God giving us moments of joy through other people a tangent reminder that He works still today and that He loves the very existence of our being. God winked at me this weekend, though some sweet friends Shelley and Alex who gave me miles and booked a ticket for me to fly out tonight to see my grandmother and be surrounded by my family as we are at her bed side. My grandmother is in my aunts house right now with hospice at her side, some days its worse and some days she is just okay. You ever have the feeling that you don't deserve someones goodness and generosity. That's what I felt, it was to good to accept! There was no pause or hesitation to their generous offer, I did accept and for me its a God wink! Alex and Shelley no words I have can express my sincere gratitude. I hope God will use me one day to give you a God wink! I thank the Lord when I think of you sweet friends!

2 comments:

Heckert's Highway said...

I am so glad that you get to go and see your grandmother!!! What a wonderful blessing your friends have given to you. God Bless you both for your generosity!! If I were in the same position I would be asking God for a wink too;O) I'll be praying that you can enjoy this time with your family. I love you friend! Jenn

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Have a wonderful time with your beautiful gramma and the rest of your family!
lv,
jen

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!