Saturday, September 13, 2008

We love Almaz


Ruby ready for the day with her matching doll!





Yesterday we drove south to Battle Ground Washington to have dinner with Almaz. Almaz is the woman that runs Hannah's Hope in Ethiopia. She placed Ruby in our arms for the first time. She is the most remarkable woman I know. I love her to pieces. She is passionate about the children in her home with almost 100 kids home in the US from Hannah's Hope Ethiopia she has remembered them all! Having Almaz walk up to a park with kids that's she has placed in homes left her very emotional with joy. I am sure that she even has a feeling of sadness she saw both sides of the story. For her she say a family that gave up a child in order to find care a sacrifice most of us may never have to experience or even in full concept are able to understand. Then she sees them here with families that have accepted them as though they were born from their wombs. Full acceptance. In the midst of all our celebration I also felt a unity a sense of belonging. We all have the same heart after orphans and it was nice to be in that company. Almaz was able to share information on us about Ruby's birth mom and took pictures on her camera for her to see them. I had a smile on my face the whole time being with these families, seeing all our children play. Even seeing the families waiting or in process meet Almaz for the first time was refreshing. We even had the privilege to meet Hannah herself. The reason All God's Children started. Her dad Ron Beasley the founder of All Gods Children was there the whole family was. We chatted with Ron and we were just watching her play with Ruby and he said "One Adoption=2000" what an tremendous way to look at it, so profund. I was in awe of Gods goodness from one girls vision! Can you tell I love our Agency! Can you tell I love adoption!

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I am so very jealous of all you families that got to meet with Almaz and everybody from AGCI!! I really wish I could've been there. Very cute pictures!!!!

Michelle

The Gresham Clan said...

It was so wonderful to see you and Ruby! What an incredible blessing this was for all of us!!! I just love Almaz! Love the pictures!

Kristin

Teabo Chica said...

SO sorry Laurie Hauswife I think I deleted a few comments on accident so I am posting it ;)!

"WOW! Oooooh, jealousy jealousy! You lucky ducks! I would have flown up there in a minute for that! WOW, I'm so psyched for you that you got to see Almaz and meet Hannah! What a blessing indeed! I can imagine what a beautiful time it was. Next time, I'm THERE!"
Hauswife

Teabo Chica said...

Tracy I deleted yours too, whats wrong with me :)

"Hey Natalie!

OH HOW MY HEART IS FULL OF JOY TO SEE ALMAZ... even if it is in pictures! I would have loved to have seen her!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my facebook.

You are so encouraging!

Tracie :-)

Heckert's Highway said...

These pictures are amazing!!!! I wish I could have been there and I didn't even adopt from Ethiopia, LOL!!! How wonderful that you got to meet Ruby's surrogate mother:O) I can't wait for the next time that you get to meet up with Almaz!

Nikki said...

Wow, what an inspirational woman.

Nikki
http://ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com/

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!