Monday, September 15, 2008

My son the Boy Scout!




My son is a patriot from the inside. He gets teary eyes at the national anthem, makes sure everyone has their hat off when giving the pledge. Even stood up when the American flag was brought out for the Summer Olympics opening ceremony. He indeed loves the USA. So we thought he would appreciate the boy scouts, that was an understatement. He LOVES the scouts. I think I saw a tear come down his face when he saw his uniform. And with a good behavior day he earned the privilege to wear it tonight with his first goal of raising money for his scouting community. I am amazed that today he raised $450 (with the help of grandma and dads work :)

The other fascinating fact about my now eight year old is that he is an entrepreneur at heart! He sells everything to everyone. At the age of 3 I lost him in our neighborhood, a small cul-de-sac but still very scary! I found him at the door step of a 90 year old neighbor selling a bowl of Cheetos for $50 bucks, a bargain! When our neighbor chuckled and said no, he dropped it down to 5! He is always coming up with something to sell or someway to make a dollar.

Tonight he went door to door in his very handsome uniform to sell popcorn. Can you imagine the look on our neighbors face when they opened it up and heard his speech, he gives it good too!

So look out your doors a scout may be coming to your neighborhood soon its popcorn time!

3 comments:

Den Leader said...

Congratulations on the huge selling success.

I will keep a look out for any kid carrying a bowl and walking up towards my doorstep and run.

$50!

How could anyone say no to that face?

Nevertheless, I wish you and your family the best in your Scouting years.

Hauswife said...

Awwww, I love a man in uniform! And, I love born entrepreneurs, too. I've got a few of 'em myself. Send him on over with popcorn to sell anyday. :)

Our journey said...

Oh Natalie! Who could say no to that handsome and persuasive man?

Amy

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!