Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hudsons 2nd year Home coming


Two years ago this day our sweet third son was taken from our arms. We miss him and although it gets a little bit easier as the passing days we always feel that something is missing. I see him in the face of every sweet baby boy, I see him in the face of kids with down-syndrome, and I even see him in the face of Ruby. When I think back on how his death has affected us, I am amazed by where God has brought my heart and how he has used his passing to ignite a fire in me for Africa. I know it seems like it has nothing to do with him. But really it has everything to do with Hudson, you see my Father has shown me how much my heart can really take. Setting foot on the African nation of Ethiopia and allowing him to break me for kids who seem to have no hope. My Hudson was that child the one that had no hope yet we were taught to hope in God for him. He passed away despite that hope but his small life on earth touched so many in ways I may never know. I miss him and love him and I rejoice in the fact that he plays with my Savior! Sweet friends if Hudson has touched you remember him today.

9 comments:

The Tulloss Family said...

I do remember sweet Hudson and the special time I got to spend with him and your family. I also remember the lessons that were learned about love, sharing, and grieving while trusting God. Thank you for sharing him with all of us. Love, Melissa

Taylor Madison said...

We happened to be at Children's Hospital today for Taylor's 2 year check-up. We couldn't help thinking back to the comfort and support that came from a familiar face as we ran into you as we first arrived at the hospital. We will never forget Hudson and the couple weeks we shared together at Childrens.

Jana said...

I have been following your journey for a bit. You have a beautiful family. So important to talk about the losses in life, thank you. And the huge lessons and wisdom learned.

Michelle Riggs said...

I am sorry that you had to say good-bye to your son too soon. Praise God that he is in heaven and that your family is still in the Master's hand.

I have thought of you many times during Abby's illness. My prayers are with you.

missy said...

i don't know you, but i was moved by your post. it is bittersweet to see what god has woven through the grief of losing your dear son and they way He taught you to hope in Him.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Thank you Natalie for sharing Hudson with us. He is so beautiful!
Smiles,
jen in mi

Heckert's Highway said...

I'm sorry that in all of the craziness last week, that I forgot it was his homecoming. I remember him and you as you think of Him playing with our Savior:O) What a beautiful picture you painted Nat. How amazing is our God. He gives us everything that we need to fulfill the work that He has called us to. I pray that He fulfills His call for your life to go to Africa. If not now, then later. Know that it WILL happen Nat!!! I'm praying for you, I love you, Jenn

Yvonne said...

My darling Natalie
It brought tears to my eyes as I read your recent blog on our darling angel, Hudson. It seemed like only yesterday that he came into our lives and although God only gave him to you for such a short time, he came for a reason. He was a child of Love and a loved child. I thank God for placing in your heart the desire for Africa. I thank God for Ruby, a darling niece to continue loving and sharing the love I have for your boys, Frank and you. May the Lord bless you always and keep you and the family safe.

Love Tia Yvonne

Hauswife said...

Beautiful, Natalie. It's bittersweet to celebrate those anniversaries, isn't it? Ours have impassioned us for Ethiopia, too. I love the way God works. See you soon, sweet Hudson...
Blessings.

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!