Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My leap of faith!

This is my mom by the way in this seriously high zip line in Belize a few weeks ago. But I love that it describes me at the moment. I have shared with you my hearts passion for the great country of Africa as well as my recent prayer should I go to South Africa. So here is a short (lets hope) story of my leap of faith. Last week Monday was the deadline application as well as a deposit to go on the trip. Because I was having so much fear and questioning my own motive and even thinking of what others have told me about going, I did not know what to do. So I asked my husband to pray for me and to decided (nice cop out huh!) So we wrote the check and crossed his fingers that it wont be cashed without mortgage going through first :)! Then I laid out a fleece I asked God to provide with the funds so that my husband wont stress out. When it didn't happen the same day I was a little confused. But nether the less I sent it out and would just wait. I got an email saying my friend Jodie (leader of the group) would be gone for a few days and the check may not get deposited, wosh! On Monday my sons new second grade teacher came to eat at the restaurant I work at and was sharing that her next seven weeks will be spent in Africa. Then I said "I have an opportunity to go to Africa." She responded with "You have an opportunity or You are suppose to go?" I thought on her words all day, then I go home to open my mail box and there is a small card with my name on it from a friends that were in Ethiopia with us also picking up there baby girl (I don't know if they want me to use there name.) Guess what else was in the card the same exact money that I wrote the check for. F and I read the card and were in tears he looked at me and said "How can this not be God?" Did I mention I told no one of the amount I needed for the deposit?!Exactly so I am taking to leap to say YES I am going to Africa, unless Gods hand stops it. Funny thing is that I felt like God just wanted to watch me jump first. Chat 1 and Chat 2 (our friends special names :) thank you for following Gods leading you have blessed us so much! The song playing is by Rita Springer and I love that it says "You Said, ask and I will give the nations to you O lord...that's the cry of my heart, Distance shores and the Islands will see your light as it rises on us." AMEN.

7 comments:

The Tulloss Family said...

That's an awesome testament of faith Nat. I'm so happy for your adventure with God. Isn't He great?
Melissa

C & R said...

its so amazing when God moves!!!!Looking forward tp hear more about your trip!!!

Lindsey said...

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD! You'll go to Africa.

Love you!

shelly said...

wow...look at God moving!

Michael and Michelle said...

Can you give me you email address??

Michelle

Michelle Riggs said...

What a blessing from God. I am so excited that you are getting to serve God in this way. I hope that I will be able to do the same someday.

Mommy, Momma, Mom and sometimes Babe :) said...

Don't you just love how God works? This will never be forgotten as your confirmation came in God's perfect and dramatic way. Can't wait to see what He is doing through all this.
Sharon

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!