Monday, June 9, 2008

The Duck Dash 2008









Okay we Washingtonians have a little odd tradition called the Duck dash in Thurston county. Its put on by the Rotary club and the funds go to support kids causes. You buy a rubber ducky at the booth for a whopping 5 bucks and hope oh so hope your ducky makes it to the finish line of the Deschutes river. If it does you get a super awesome prize such as a 2008 supped up Mustang, thats what I was going for anyhoo. Needles to say one day of fun = no Mustang :(. Although we did see the Sasquatch from the Sonics and the boys caught four trouts. This was a laugh it was not catch and release what I would have liked oh no you caught the darn thing and put it in the bag and it flips flops around until well lets just say for a four year old that was a little disturbing to see :( he wanted to keep it as a pet and then all of a sudden no more movement. YUCK! Thanks to our dear friend Mr. Buddy who volunteered to clean the fish and smoke it, because mamma is lame at that skill :O! ps. Ruby was in my back pack for the whole day such a trooper.
pss. Yes Melissa that why I missed the ball game that I was suppose to be at, I thought I was going to win a mustang, gosh darn you got me!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

looks like the boys had a great time! can't wait to see you all on saturday!

God Gift From Ethiopia said...

He is 7 months old and he is ADORABLE, with a big beautiful smile and big expressive eyes. He looks like my son, God is wonderful. This is my 3 week waiting for the travel call so I am hoping to travel at some point during July. Praying for that.

The Gresham Clan said...

How fun that you guys got to participate in the Duck Dash - quite hilarious!

On your previous post, I totally get what you're saying about not being able to go anywhere and not be gawked at. I knew this was what we were getting into, but some days it just gets old. I have the issue where people assume my kids are from two different dads b/c Abraham's skin is pretty fair. He looks like he could easily be bi-racial (actually my nieces and nephew have the exact same skin tone and they are bi-racial :) ). I even had a lady that we went to church with give me a look like, "oh my gosh, I can't believe you and Tom divorced and you now have a baby with someone else." I guess it just goes with the territory and I try to ignore it or use it for God's glory. Thanks for sharing Natalie. Hope all is well for you!

Kristin

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!