Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet Hudsons 2nd Birthday

Today is our Hudson's second birthday on earth. A sweet friend of mine who's little girl passed away before Hudson emailed this quote to me "Time doesn't heal all wounds, its just teaches you how to live with them." We skipped work and school to be a family today and just laugh and play together we had lunch out and then took a drive to see Hudson's grave. My four year old disappeared down the lawn and returned with a few little American flags from other peoples grave :O He said he didn't see any at Hudson's and he wanted him to have some. Okay at that moment I could make him tell me where he got them from or just see the innocence of the moment. We buckled the kids in and I meet Frank around the front of the car and I just let out a little cry as I wonder what he would be like now at two. The kids he would run with. We are learning to live the wound of our loss. Counting the blessings of our meeting an angel even for three months. Thank you sweet friends that remembered to call me and send messages. I love that you think of him.

6 comments:

TedTracie said...

BLESS YOU GUYS!

How sweet! THanks for sharing such a hard time and place. It shows how the Lord works and moves in our lives through suffering.

Journey To Our China Doll said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Waiting for a baby girl from China. Our log in date is 10-9-07. Just read today's post and thought of another family who lost their baby. Go to http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com It may help to see how another family is dealing with their loss. God bless you during this time of remembrance.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Happy Birthday sweet Hudson.
lv,
jen in MI

Michelle Riggs said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your son was beautiful.

What a sweet way for your four year old to care for him. You are doing a wonderful job guiding them through their loss.

Michelle Riggs said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your son was beautiful.

What a sweet way for your four year old to care for him. You are doing a wonderful job guiding them through their loss.

Hauswife said...

Happy earthly birthday to Hudson. I love that you honor this day for him (and yourselves). We celebrate the special days for our little ones, too, and I'm so grateful that we do.
Blessings!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!