Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rubys Celebrates 1!


Ruby Roo is one!
























We celebrated Ruby's birthday Caribbean style, with close friends and family. Ruby loves people, we have seen this is a part of her personality she is so social. So people around is a plus. This birthday was a little emotional for me, I think its because I have a sense of loss I didn't think it would bother me to celebrate my baby's birthday but it has been bitter sweet for a few reasons. One Hudson never made it to one. Second his birthday is on the 27th and I always stress about not knowing what to do with it. I feel ashamed confessing that because I should be so excited that Ruby is one! The other thing that makes me ache is that a mother on the other part of the world has a sense of loss too. Ruby's birth mother. But you know what Ruby is one, can you see I am talking myself out of getting bummed out. Did you know one out of six babies in Ethiopia never make it to see one?! Ruby is one of the other five. That's a huge deal.

So with some of our loved ones we sang a very happy birthday to this sweet girl, is she so adorable?! Auntie Cindy made this cake thank you so much. And for all the loves ones that helped make this a special.

















































16 comments:

The Redman's said...

Oh my, oh my!!! Could Ruby get any cuter!!!! It looked like quite a party. And.... I'm soooo bummed to have missed it!!! Give Ruby a hug from her BFF Grace!!!

xoxox
-Suzi

Michelle Riggs said...

Happy Birthday Ruby!

Kristi J said...

She's adorable and I love all the pics. I love birthday parties...My little boy just turned one and I'm so glad that wasn't my "last" first b-day to celebrate...congrats..and we're using AGCI too,
Kristi Johnson
www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com

TedTracie said...

HOW CAN YOU STAND IT!???
She is absolutely PRECIOUS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET RUBY DOOBY :-)

I have an aunt named Ruby and my dad would always say "Let's go... we're going to Ruby Doobies"

:-)
Tracie

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Ruby! Looks like a great party Nat!

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Beautiful pictures of Ruby! I loved her little outfit, too cute!
Miss you friend!
Smiles,
jen in mi

the Steiger's said...

Oh my. I love her hair. Happy birthday.
Lenka

julie_joshb said...

okay really! Ruby is so gorgeous! Happy Birthday Rub! I cant take that hair and the flower and the outfit...with the blk flare pant! LOVE IT!

God Gift From Ethiopia said...

Happy Birthday Ruby!!! Lots of blessings for her. She is a cutie and I love her outfit.

Renee said...

OH Natalie! She is beautiful, so beautiful. We WILL have a phone date some time in the future;) And you celebrate Hudson's birthday!! He was BRAVE, and its HIS birthday~he did it! Go with the grief (we are walking through this ourselves...)and what God wants to do in you and celebrate his life;) We will too! My kids feel like they know him, his pic is still in the school room! Our God is SO faithful! Love you!
Renee

Mommy, Momma, Mom and sometimes Babe :) said...

I didn't think Ruby could be any more precious than that day we met her in HH BUT she is. What a happy face that speaks volumes of the life GOd has given her. She has hope and a future and some pretty amazing parents. God bless,
Sharon

Erica said...

Oh she is just ADORABLE Natalie! I can't believe she's ONE already! Time flies!

Karen said...

OH my goodness, Ruby is too cute and big! I just want to eat her cheeks. Happy Birthday, Ruby!

Jodie Howerton said...

I can't wait to meet you and learn more about your journey firsthand. From al your posts, it seems you are an amazingly gifted mother, Happy Birthday to your little cutie.......

Amy said...

Ruby is too stinking cute! What a great party and what great pictures!

Happy Birthday Little Ruby girl!

Are you "in" for RLC and Hope Chest?? We are EXCITED!

Amy said...

oh, the reason I ask is because I know you were on the Conference call. :)

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!