Sunday, May 25, 2008

My friend Jenn

Taken with Ruby when Ruby came home
Our very close friends Warren and Jenn Heckert are in route to Kazakhstan to pick up there baby or toddler. I think for privacy sake I have to keep gender out of it. My friend Jenn are one of those friends you call for the silliest reasons, you know which friends I am talking about. You earned a free coffee and your one the cell phone calling and saying "Oh my gosh I totally scored a coffee just now!" One of those friends that laughs on the other side of the phone and say "Oh Nat, you crack me up!" I have known her for 10 years and since day one of my children's life she insisted on being called "NENE" or Auntie Jen, her kids call us Auntie Nat and Uncle Frank. So because she is gone for TWO MONTHS...sniff sniff I may have to bug the other pals of mine for silly stuff! Jenn I love you guys and cant wait to see little one "A". Call us soon!

3 comments:

Our journey said...

I have been checking her blog frequently hoping and praying for some update. I am so excited for that family and 'A." Sending many prayers to Kaz!

Amy

Phil Lilienthal said...

Hi Teabo,

I read your comments reflecting camps in South Africa and wanted to find out more about them.

I started a program called Global Camps Africa which has had 27 camp sessions in South Africa for 3,300 children since 2004. They are aimed at HIV/AIDS education and prevention.

We want to link with all others doing camps, whether or not they are designed for HIV/AIDS, or even for social good. I want to start an Africa Camp Association, by which those of us with more experience in the field can share it with those of us less expereienced.
Our web site is www.globalcampsafrica.org.

Let me know what you think and what your camps have achieved so far.

Congratulations on all you are doing. I hope to work with you on the camp part.

Best,
Phil Lilienthal
phil@globalcampsafrica.org

Phil Lilienthal said...

Hi Teabo,

I read your blog on my Google Alert.

I run camps for HIV/AIDS Affected children. The idea is that a camp atmosphere for 10 days will prove more conducive to learning about life skills than schools.

We have had 27 camp sessions for 3,300 children since January 2004.

I wold also like to link people conducting camps all over Africa so we can share information.

I'd like to hear what your camps have done so far and what your plans are for the future.

My web site is www.globalcampsafrica.org. My e-mail is phil@globalcampsafrica.org.

Best wishes,
Phil Lilienthal

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!