Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today is my 29 birthday :)

This is me for my kindergarten graduation, yes full cap and gown!
This is my family parting at best!

Make shift Cruzian Bar :)!


Yes I am still in my 20s!! This is the last year I can this. I miss bithdays as a girl....I am a born and raised CRUZAN (from St. Croix US Virgin Islands) and Cruzians can party like no other. For Birthday celebrations my dad would build a little bar (for the adults:) made from palm leaves and wood the handsone devil you see as our bartender is my dad. Cruzians like there Cruzian Rum after all! Then we would roast a pork outside, and have tons of food. Arroz con Gandules (because we are also Puerto Rican) BBQ chicken, stuffing, you name it we got it! EVERYONE was always invited and there was not a go home time on the invites such as 2-4. You came when you want left when you wanted Cruzian time is Island time. Why own a watch?
So now that I am twenty nine and no one will build a bar for me :) I have to party a little different.
I also would never make a huge deal of my kids party, only because I am on a budget! But my cruzian blood in me wants to throw a huge pork roast in the back yard party. I am sure it will scare the neighbors.
Today I celebrate 29 years of being me.....Thanks mom and Pop for celbrating me is such a great way always I will remeber the parties.

11 comments:

Our journey said...

Hapy Birthday Natalie! Although you may not be roasting a pig in the backyard, I hope you have something fun planned.

Best wishes on your last year in your 20's,

Amy

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! You are a youngie! Still in your 20's...

I am excited with you about Childrens Hope Chest. I will email you what all I know, but really it isn't much. :) Ok..emailing you .....Now.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heckert's Highway said...

Happy, Happy Birthday my friend!!!!! I'm all over the pig roast and big party! How fun would that be?!!! We had big family parties too, but they aren't here, they're in NC:O( Oh well, I think maybe you and I need to go and party on island time:O) Which for me would be around 10:00pm then this princess will turn back into a pumpkin! Yikes, that's what happens when you hit your 30's:O) Just kidding, maybe... Love you girl, Jenn

The Gresham Clan said...

Happy Birthday! The parties you grew up with sound amazing and SO much fun! I'd want to have a huge feast if I were you too. I do hope you get to do something fun!

Kristin

God Gift From Ethiopia said...

Happy Birthday! I know exactly the kind of parties that you are taking about. I hope this year is full of blessings for you.

Michael and Michelle said...

Happy 29th Birthday!!!!
I hope you had a great day!!
Michelle

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Friend! Love you.

Michelle Riggs said...

Happy Birthday! I hopw that you had a wonderful day. I love reading your blog!

Taylor Madison said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

We sent them an email to see what information on World Vision we could send your way.

Sorry we haven't gotten back to you yet:)

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!!! You look like you had a blast of a childhood! I a great weekend!
Smiles,
jen in MI

Mommy, Momma, Mom and sometimes Babe :) said...

Happy Birthday friend! I forgot how young you were (and how old that makes me!).

Stay away from the shatt on your big day.
Sharon

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!