Monday, February 25, 2008

Still Speaking to me....




God has always chosen to speak to me even as a child through very strange ways, perhaps thats because He know that I am wired just that way?! I Know that sometimes I get the rolling of the eyes and at times I don't share how he is calling to me for fear of doubt from others. Now in recent days I have shared that He has been talking to me about Africa. Now I am putting it out there to share so be kind. He shows me signs yes, for me many times its signs. For instance a few months ago I saw Africa in a blood stain (gross) . I bought a pack of steaks and while cooking it there it was again all the steaks are nice and round but mine was Africa. I spilled water at my sons speech therapy session and it was you guessed it the shape of Africa because I even asked the speech therapist "Does this look like a continent to you...?" She then responded (oh my she must think I am crazy) "Well I guess it looks life Africa!" I walked into Costco to shop there is an Africa Trunk show with things from African countries being sold. I decided I have to take pictures from now on because no one will believe me. So here is the proof..I was chatting on the phone to my friend Jenn making my Hubby's favorite calzone and what do I look down to see yes Africa and no it is not rigged in any way. When I tell my hubby he just chuckles but....one night after we but the kids to bed to watch our favorite show Lost I am eating pretzel chips and before I put this one in my mouth he yells "STOP ITS AFRICA!" my madness has taken over him :)
I was brought up with the belief that God still uses all gifts today as he did back in the day, many scholars will ague that but I doubt they have ever experienced it then! I went recently to get prayer and had a word spoken over me ( this would be the gift of propechcy) that I would minister to people in distress in Eastern Africa, that was last week. I was also encouraged by the people that prayed they said just because God moves in you heart now doesn't mean its to move now, It could be tomorrow. Yesterday and people that go to my church can maybe attest to this if you were looking, but as the pastor gave his message on the thingy that shows the songs and sermon notes (what is that called?) it had a picture of the northern part of Africa with Saudi Arabia and a few other countries anyways, above Ethiopia was the word tomorrow. You don't have to believe me, its okay (sniff sniff!) I am confident in our God enough I know HE speaks! I am listening God when your timing is right! Dont send me to the nut house just yet :)

8 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I believe you. I can tell that Africa is very heavy on your heart. God has a reason for tugging your heart toward Africa. How exciting, I can't wait to see what God has for you "tomorrow."
Michelle

Outdrsycple said...

I believe you too. We got a very clear sign when we were planning to move to MT. My husband and I had been praying and talking in the car for about an hour about whether or not we were making the right decision to move and when we pulled on to the off ramp leading to our house a huge van pulled in front of us. On the back of the van were some big black sticker letters that said TRUST GOD NOW...and the license plate was from MT which we never saw in our town. I like the calzone Africa!

Eric & Tara said...

Oh I hear ya sister!! We are two peas in a pod! Check out my post from last week!!
http://littlesilvestriboy.blogspot.com/2008/02/coincidence-i-think-not.html

The Gresham Clan said...

Wow this is really amazing! I am right there with you in believing that God does speak to all of us in the way we need to be spoken to! You are blessed and I am proud of you for listening to Him. Tomorrow is only a "day" away, but God can and will use you for Africa in His perfect timing! This is exciting!
Kristin

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Natalie, I totally believe you, even as unbelievable as it is!! God is not in the business of hiding himself from you or I. And He knows how you two communicate! I am excited with you and you know I'd love to follow you! Larry has made a commitment with our church to do an Ethiopian missions Fall 2009. They are looking for commmitments by June 1st of this year. It will be from a Fri-next Sat. and probably serving HH. Let me know if you want the info!!
Smiles,
jen

Our journey said...

I think that is beautiful Natalie. God speaks to us in so many ways-even through calzones, steaks, and blood stains.

Amy

Kari Smith said...

Natalie,

I was laughing out loud when you mentioned that even Frank was getting in on it and yelled at you to stop before you ate the pretzel!!!

I know God has much in store for you. He already has used you in so many ways.

TedTracie said...

LOVE IT!

My favorite is your pretzel eating and him saying "Wait, it's AFrica"...

PRECIOUS

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!