Thursday, January 24, 2008

This Road will lead you....

This is the cobblestone bumpy crooked road that will lead you to Hannah's Hope in the little alley way from the Union hotel.....this is the road that you have waited to place your feet on. As I await for so many of you to be united with your children it reminds of the joy and the anticipation I had along with others as we walked this pathway. I am encouraged by the unity we have in this journey this pilgrimage to become parents. As you place your tired feet on this path remember us the ones that walked before you, that we are here for you, remember the families that came this same pathway to drop there babies and children here, in this care. This road is a symbol for me for sadness for joy, for sweet embrace.
a few verses on paths:
Psalm 44:18 Our hearts had not turned back; our feet had not strayed from your path.
Psalm 119: 32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

Psalm 119:35 Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Proverbs 3: 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

13 comments:

TedTracie said...

I can not wait to walk down that road... how precious is this post!

Thank you so much Natalie!!!

Tracie in TN

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Oh natalie, you just made me cry remembering this path, this road. What a beautiful post, written like poetry. It's a path that I want so much to go back too, yet I am not sure God will call me there. I loved, loved, loved walking that road.
Thanks for the beautiful picture.
love,
jen

God Gift From Ethiopia said...

I love your post. Your are absolutely right, we are all waiting to walk through that road. Thanks for your support.

John and Heather Needles said...

AWESOME! Thank you! I could feel my feet on that path as I read your post; just beautiful! I will pray for the time my feet hit that path; God's path! What a wonderful picture. I can't wait to say to my husband, "It is just as it looks in the picture."

Heather in IL

Christin and Robbie said...

Would love to chat with you my husband and I are filling out out application with AGCI to adot from Ethiopia. Any help, suggestions etc. would be wonderful. We are just starting our journey!!

Our journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our journey said...

This journey is so much easier getting such support from the ones who walked before us. Thanks for a great post.

Amy in WA

The Gresham Clan said...

What a beautiful post! I love the verses you included - they are SO perfect. It was wonderful to meet you at the AGCI gathering. Your family is beautiful!
As are all of those still waiting, I am looking forward to walking down this road as well - thank you for your encouragement!
Kristin

Michael and Michelle said...

I should have a picture of that path hanging in my house. Not only is it beautiful for so many reasons....it is a prayer request daily for the families that are bringing their children there.
Thank you for sharing that, it means so much to me/all of us still waiting and I'm sure those who are home!

Blessings,
Michelle

God Gift From Ethiopia said...

The waiting is not easy, especially when there are no referrals coming. Hopefully things that moving a little bit faster now. Pray for us, people waiting for CIS letters, referrals or court dates.

cb4swife said...

I found you blog on the AGCI yahoo group. It was very encouraging! My hubby and I are waiting for our homestudy to be reviewed. It seems like it will be quite some time before we get to walk on that beautiful path...but God's timing is perfect! God Bless...Shannon www.cb4swife.wordpress.com

nell ann said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful post. There are so many of us aching to walk that path and the encouragement and support of those who have gone before us is absolutely instrumental in bringing our children home.

You are precious!

c.l.beyer said...

Like so many others have said before me, THANK YOU for this post. Today, my husband and I were accepted into AGCI's Ethiopia program. I am praising God right now. This photo really pulled at my heart.

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!