Sunday, November 11, 2007

We have adopted again!



We have adopted another addition into our home...this is Wilson (Willie for short). F and I had been looking into possible dogs to fill our void of our black lab Luke, he went to go live on a farm early spring this year. It was a big loss for us and our kids have begged for him and still do. F said he can't come back from the farm :( So...we had been looking at what type of dog would be a great fit for our family. Yesterday F asked me to look at Basset Hounds online, I found a website that sold puppies for a small fortune and then there it was big bright letters "free puppy", so I clicked on it and J was right next to me as soon as he saw it He said "Mom we have got to have him", Willie is free because he was born with a half stub in the front and the description for him said he needed a loving family and that the families will be screened. So we talked about it and called. The owner called this morning and said there are 7 other families looking at him when we told her our children had prayed about him, she discovered we are believers. At the end of the conversation she said he is ours!! Willie will need some help encouraging him to walk, and I am sure my hands will be full for a bit, but the kids are in heaven! To see there little faces light up about him and to hear them excited to help him learn to walk oh it just makes my day! We will be united with Willie the weekend after Thanksgiving.






5 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

oh my goodness how adorable is he Natalie! That is so sweet!
Smiles,
jen

Erin Jensen said...

I LOVE bassets - I had one growing up! There is no gentler dog out there (although ours was a little bit feisty as a puppy). I will always have a soft spot for those big ears and feet and eyes!!! If you ever need a dog sitter when you go out of town we would be happy to watch him!!!

Heckert's Highway said...

He is so cute!!! I can't wait till gotcha day!

Lindsey said...

so cute! you are such nice, brave parents!

Stacie said...

Could he be any cuter? I know you wrote this a while ago, but I had to comment - he is adorable!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!