Friday, September 14, 2007

SIL (SISTER-IN-LAW)


This post goes out to the my SIL! She confessed to me that she checks my blog daily to see if I have posted. I was a little embarrassed, I was under the impression that my blog would be to share my adoptive journey to families in the same journey and far away relatives. My SIL lives in my own town. So I am honored that she checks in on me here. On my silly thoughts and daily musings. Let me share a little about her, ( I may embarrass her a little, but in a good way) of course through my eyes. She is great girl who has evolved into an amazing woman! I have know her for ten years and we have had plenty of ups and downs as we tried to figure out our role in the new family. I am married to her little brother and she by natured is a Big sister. I am so proud of the woman that she is. She has four boys that she loves with her whole heart, she has a great guy on her side that she serves without regret or apprehension. She has a Big Heart, and has a wonderful way of expressing it. She is great with words, she knows exactly how to cheer me up. She is joyful and content. She is thoughtful and kind. To share a little of the thoughtfulness...
The picture above is of a "Ruby" ring she presented to me shortly after we accepted our referral of Ruby. She wanted me to have a "Ruby" while I waited for my "Ruby". The other picture is of Ruby's first doll, she found this beautiful Gerber baby 1979 (the year I was born) doll on EBay. She and the seller now have an Internet friendship because of this doll. It looks just like Ruby. When she saw Ruby's picture the day we found out about her, she fell to her knees and cried. How amazingly sweet was that?!
My greatest joy with my SIL is her precious "Brewster" her son. My nephew was born in December a few short months after Hudson passed away. I was amazed that my love for him was part of my healing for both of us.
If you read this I hope that you know how precious you are to me. How proud I am of the person you have become, and how much I treasure you sweet "A".

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!