Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gotcha day, what's it really like?



Disclaimer: This is my very own feelings of the matter, others may have experienced different. This is just me being honest!
I was expecting to burst out into full tears when they placed Ruby in my arms. I did not. I had no feeling, its strange I know, but the same thing happened to me when they placed my bio kids in my arms, I was so in awe nothing came out. I did say things like "Oh look at her, she's our girl, wow." I was upset at myself later, I had it all planned out, I should have wept, my SIL fell to her knees when she saw Ruby's picture, she melted. Me? NO! I took a few days, to really let it sink in, this is my girl...she belongs to US! Why? I don't know? With my boys, I cried a few hours after birth when no one was around, and that's what I did when I got back to the hotel in the shower, I wept. I have loved being apart of this, my heart runneth over with the blessing that God has allowed us to share in. WOW! Thank you to all who have prayed for us. Loving a baby again has been so easy with Ruby, and our grieving hearts now have a big piece of joy.

3 comments:

Sebrina said...

I felt the same way when they placed Gabbi into my arms. It's not that I didn't love her, but I had expected to cry and I didn't. I think it was such an overwhelming experience.

Journey of the Heart said...

I'm so glad you shared this. I have wondered what it will be like and at times I feel as if I won't cry at that moment and will it be awful if I don't? Thank you for your candor. What a blessing your little Ruby is. She's beautiful!

Heckert's Highway said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being in awe at the sight of your child. It often takes a little time to compute somthing so incredibly amazing!!!! I can't wait for the chance to stand in awe when I meet my new little girl!!! It has been such a blessing to be part of your journey to sweet Ruby!!

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!