Thursday, August 23, 2007

Enet Alam





On Monday we visited a government ran Orphanage where most of our Children came from. There were about 80 children in a very small place. We saw three babies to a crib, and were wanting to hold all of them! I just felt homeless just coming home with one, like I need to do more. Like I need to tell people of how many Orphans there are in Ethiopia. Its breathtaking! The spirits of the children moved me there were delightful and loving and just wanted to be hugged. I was reminded of Gods promise "I will not leave you as Orphans I will come to you." John 14:18. I had to remind myself of this over and over because it was a hopeless feeling. It made me also dislike my subera life of Starbucks and Costco, and wonder how can I go back to a comfy life when there are so many children begging for food. Everywhere we traveled in Ethiopia there were children coming up to the car they didn't ask for money they said to us in the little English they knew "momma Food", and then made a gesture with there hands to there mouth. Children my sons age, hungry. Not one or two, dozens. Then moms with children strapped to there backs, asking for food. Right to our window. Close enough where I can reach out and touch them. We were devastated with having to keep going. We shoped at a local market and bought two big bags and every time we stopped we gave some out. This became a problem later we were told because the kids would run to the car and could get hit by another car. It was hopeless. This Orphanage just happens to be the place where Ruby's birth mom worked, so after we toured the home we entered into a room and waited for her to be brought in.

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!