Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My unfinished cup O Joe!


Are you wondering why I have posted a picture of a cup of coffee? See this is no ordinary cup O Joe, this is my morning happiness! I wake up each morning to the excitement of my cup. I make myself earn it. I just need to make my bed and brush my teeth and then I can go get it. My DH makes the coffee each morning, and leaves a cup near the Coffee maker just for me. I fill it with that sweet dark love of mine. When I raise the cup my heart pounding in the eagerness to feel the warm ceramic to my lips and then sip right through the teeth down the throat and feel the warmth move down into my belly. I make a sigh sound "ahh", I can now begin the day. "Oh what I need to make breakfast, right....quick get your shoes on...oh don't forget to make your bed boys....did you get your homework in you bag from last night.....I don't know where you placed your toy...please don't stand on the table....Oh don't worry its just spilt milk(again)...your still hungry I have not even had breakfast....Let alone had my second sip of coffee!
Most days I never see the bottom of my cup, as I am sure most of you moms can relate.
I am writing on my cup because it symbolizes what God wants for us. He wants us to be filled with him always, he is the "ahh" of our days. The warmth in our souls. I have to remind myself he is still there! Have you had your fill today?

No comments:

Any unauthorized copying of these photos or posts will constitute an infringement of copyright. No part of this blog or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the author.

Pray for sweet Abby Riggs!!